SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Balance

A quick learner from Tampa and Boston says:
Hi,
I'm trying to replace 4 window balances at a condo in Tampa.
The windows are non tilting and the part of the balances that attached to the sash are corroded and broken off. The metal tube is 35 inches long. Can you please help?
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
If I read your photo correctly, you have a 3/8" thick balance tube. If so, you would make a custom order S900-35 spiral balance with a 15-073 carrier bracket attached. I would also use a Green Tip, of course. That's meant for sashes weighing 14 through 26 pounds.

Please look over this information and let me know if this looks good to you or if I've misread your measurements. If this setup matches, I'll send you a custom order link and price quote.
A quick learner from Tampa and Boston says:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for your help. Based on the pics, it looks like this is a thicker tube (maybe 5/8). And I'm totally stumped about whether that is the correct clip at the bottom because it's rusted off. I attached another photo of the clip. does that help?
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks, I have received your picture. I'm afraid that doesn't clear things up. Do you have an identical window elsewhere in the house that uses the same hardware? That would be a good reference.

Can you also confirm the diameter? 5/8" would make it the Series 600 balance, but it looks like you have a Green Tip, which is not applicable for the Series 600. That uses Blue Tips, instead. Am I just misidentifying that color?
A quick learner says:
I will be traveling to that condo in 10 days. Will check it then and get back to you.
Thanks!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)