SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is the strength of my Series 795?

A quick learner from Madison, AL says:
I need a window balance to replace a part in my vinyl frame, tilt window. Your 27" Series 795 Channel Balance (Product Code: S795-27D) appears to be the correct item, but I can't figure out what the weight of this balance is.

The only numbers stamped on my balance is 26 5 (does that mean 26lbs?). Dimensions are 27" long, 1/2" X 1/2" straight channel with 4 rounded corners. Please confirm that this is the correct product code for my application. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! What is the weight of your window sash? That will help us determine what the appropriate option will be. Let me know!
A quick learner from Madison, AL says:
Tom:
If by the term "window sash" you mean the weight of the lower, tilting window, it's 18lbs. If that equates to the strength of the window balance does it make sense that the window balance is marked 26 5?

Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Yes! That's what I mean. And no, I don't know why your balance was stamped 26 5. In fact, the stamps for the Series 795 tend to be based on letters, and the number matches the length, rather than being one digit under the length like yours is. Was your window ever difficult to operate before?

Either way, knowing that your window sash is 18 pounds, I recommend the 27C option. Two S795-27 balances with this option can carry a window sash weight of 17 through 22 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)