Window Balance Part Identifying

A handy person from Jacksonville, Florida says:
I am in the need to replace a few window balances and top sash guides but don't know what to order. I don't know the brand of windows.
The balance is 1/2 X 25.
It has the following stamped on it 24 9 GX CMC 7
I also have attached several photos
Thanks
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?

Can you also weigh your window sash and let me know what you come up with? Unfortunately, your stamp of 24 9 does not match any of our available options, and so we will need to know your sash weight in order to determine what you need.
A quick learner from Jacksonville, Florida says:
The depth of the shoe is 1". The weight of the window sash is 29 lbs.

Thanks
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you. For a sash of that weight, you will need to choose the 2460 option, which can support a window sash weight of 27 through 30 pounds.

Finally, in regards to your top sash guide, take a look at our 18-166. I can't know for sure if this will replace yours without knowing your exact dimensions, but compare it to the 18-166 and see if they match up.
A quick learner from Jacksonville, Florida says:
Thank you your help. I looked up the top sash guide 18-166 and the dimensions appear to match the one I have.
Again thanks
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.