SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Balance Replacement Parts

A home owner from USA says:
I have multiple windows that need replacement balances and the small part (plastic connector at bottom of window channel that holds the tension of the spring) that the balance connects to shown in the attached image. The two window lengths I have in my home are 71" and 59". Each window has two balances---one on each side. The width of the window channel where the balance gets seated in is 1". The balance width as measured by the white plastic sleeve diameter surrounding the spring is roughly 3/8". Can you please recommend me replacement parts?
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Can you confirm the diameter of the outer white plastic tube? It looks like it might be thicker than 3/8", I'm thinking 5/8" or 9/16". I would also like you to measure the length of this tube to the best of your ability. The other tube is how we determine the size and style of the balance.

As for the pivot shoe, I would like you to give us its exact width and thickness. Those are the two most important measurements. You may find both the shoe and balance easier to measure if you remove them from the window. I recommend watching the videos below for assistance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)