SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Balance Spring replacement

A home owner from Arizona says:
Please help me ID the correct part.
Channel is 9/16" wide x 5/8" Depth
Metal is 26'5/8" long (28" including plastic parts.
Stamped 26 5 and had BSI on it as well.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello! We can replace this balance, though it will need to be custom made. Before we begin, can you just show me a picture at the end of the cord? That should be the last bit of information we need to identify it. Oh, and please also tell me how many you would like to purchase. Once we know all that, I can send you a price quote and custom order form.
A quick learner from Arizona says:
Thank you Paul. Attached is a photo of the "hook" on the end of the cord. Since you guys have asked in the past on other posts. The weight of the window is 24 lbs. However, these same balances are used on 15lb windows as well. I am also not able to find the top sash channel balance guides on your site as well. The hole for the screw is 3/16". I have attached photos of those as well. Finally I believe a 16-002 take out clip is needed as well.
Please quote me for 2 Balance Spring
4 top sash channel balance guides and 1 take out clip.

Thank you
User submitted photos of a window balance and top sash guide.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Sure thing! I'll email you a price quote and order form for two of these "26 5" balances. If you're also interested in the balances for the 15 pound window, let me know. You may want to check the stamp on those, as it is likely different.

As for the top sash guide, I'm afraid we've never been able to find this one. We had a couple customers looking for it in the past but we weren't able to find an exact match. The closest possible substitute we can come up with is our 18-009, but we have heard no confirmation as to whether or not it works. Carefully go over it and see what you think. For the take out clip, see our 16-002.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)