SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Balances

A quick learner says:
I was looking at getting either the 380 or 351 channel balance, but one has wings on both tips and the other doesn't have any. The ones I'm replacing have wings on the top, but not the bottom. Which should I get?
A customer submitted image of their window channel balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good afternoon, and thanks for posting. Since this doesn't match any of our standard Series, your balance will have to be specially made.

Before I can work on that, though, I'll need to figure out what that bottom shoe is. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
A quick learner says:
Profile picture of Tom
Perfect! I just need a bit more information and we can wrap this up. Can you tell me the length of the metal channel? Can you also tell me what number is printed on it?
A quick learner says:
I have two that are 27" and say 26 4 hp Caldwell. I also have two that are 30" and say 29 3 ip Caldwell.
Profile picture of Tom
Alright, I've made two order forms for you. Now, these are just request forms. I've already filled out the technical stuff, all you need to do is add in some personal info and purchase quantity. After you submit these, one of our representatives will e-mail you back with a price quote and unique items which you can add to your cart. From there, you can continue shopping or finalize your order and check out!

This first order form is for the 27" Channel Balance and this second order form is for the 30" Channel Balance. Let me know if you have any questions or would like to make any changes!

Keep in mind that both of these forms include the 19-005 top attachment and 15-002 bottom attachment. I would double check just to make absolutely sure that all four of your balances in question have these attachments!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)