SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Caldwell Window Balances

A home owner from Orlando, FL says:
Please help me identify these two window balances. They are off different windows (and homes) although they appear virtually identical other than the markings.

One says 29 3 DQ CALDWELL

The other says 29 3 IP CALDWELL

The tracks are 9/16th wide. Each track is 30 inches long, not including the plastic ends.

Thanks!
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Good morning, and thanks for posting. I can help you determine which replacement balance you need to order. I need help determining what the bottom shoe is on your balance. Check out our 15-001 and 15-002 and tell me which is a closer match.
Comparison of <a href='http://www.swisco.com/Channel-Balance-Shoe/pd/Replacement-Sash-Support-Channel-Balance-Shoes/15-001'>15-001</a> & 15-002
A home owner from Orlando says:
Thanks Tom. I noticed only two difference between 15-001 and 15-002--color and a small ridge. The color of my bottom attachment matches 15-002. Also, 15-001 appears to show a very small ridge just above the 1/2" measurement in the picture; this ridge does not appear in 15-002. My bottom attachments do not have this ridge, making 15-002 a better match. If there are other differences between 15-001 and 15-002, please point them out so that I can compare with my bottom attachments. Thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
The major difference between those two shoes is the depth. 15-001 has 1-1/8" while 15-002 has 1". The color and shape of the ridge do not matter. Which depth most closely resembles your own?
A home owner from Orlando says:
Ahhh, thanks, I should have been able to figure that out myself! They are closer to 15-002. The base is just a bit over 1"--about 1-1/32".

Profile picture of Tom
If it's over 1" at all, then I think it's more likely you have the 15-001. I think the depth was once 1-1/8" but just wore down over time.

If you agree, the balance you need to order is the S395-30 with the 2930 option. Let me know what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)