SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

2830 Window Balances

A quick learner from Choctaw, Oklahoma says:
We need to replace some window balances. We can't find any name on the windows so that's no help. The metal measures 29", 9/16 wide with about a 5/8 inset into the channel. I have photos of the "shoes"? or the plastic/nylon parts separate. We need several complete balances and several of the top plastic piece that meets up with the top of the balance (if that makes sense). We are having trouble matching up the plastic/nylon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brenda
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Brenda. It appears that you have a combination of nylon attachments that matches our Series 390 channel balance. Look it over and see if you agree. If so, I recommend our S390-29 with a 2830 option. As for the top sash guide, compare your dimensions to our 18-009.
A quick learner from Choctaw, OK says:
Thank you, so much. I thought that one might be it but wanted a professional opinion. I believe the sash guide measures up correctly, too.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)