SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Channel Balance #2640

A quick learner from Gaithersburg, MD says:
Hello:

Was hoping that you could help me choose the correct channel balance for my non-tilt window. The four digit # on the side of the balance is 2640. When I search your site several options pop up so I am unsure which to pick. I need 8 of these and am also looking to replace the plastic clips for the balances that go on the window frames too. The windows are from the mid 80s and basically the balances and their clips have all fallen apart.

Fingers crossed that you can help!

Thanks and best,
Al
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
That 2640 stamp is not an identification code, it just tells you how strong the spring is. The Series is determined by the nylon attachments on either end. I'm afraid I cannot identify yours based on this picture, as I can't quite make them out. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)