SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Channel Balance & Bottom Guide

A quick learner from Tennesse says:
The width and depth of the Balance channel is 1/2". Attached are 4 pics. Right now I need 2 left side. It appears that the pullys on the lower channel balance have split in two making the action hard.

I have no identification on these windows.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can recommend an applicable replacement balance, can you first tell me if there are any stamps or markings printed on the metal channel?
A quick learner from Tennessee says:
Yes, to you question there are markings stamped:

25B B.S.I.

Thanks

Larry

I particularly need the plastic guide at the bottom too.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The "25B B.S.I." stamp translates to the 25B & 1-1/4" Shoe.

Be sure to double-check the measurements of your shoe on the bottom of your channel.
A quick learner from Tennessee says:
Looks like the shoe is 1.25", but that does not include the steel barbs that stick our about 1/16" from the plastic body. If I include those it would measure between 1-5/16" and 1-3/8". The casing channel looks to be between 1-5/16" and 1-3/8".

I assumed that I would need to find the exact shoe. Is that not so? Should most shoes which measure 1.25" work?

I have also included photos of the shoe with the measuring tape.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Those metal protrusions are not counted in the overall width of the shoe. Ours has them, as well. It shouldn't matter.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)