SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Channel Balencer

A handy person from Lakewood, ca. 90713 says:
The metal piece is 25" long by itself. This measurement does not include the base and tip plastic piece. The metal channel balencer is stamped with part number
K A2435. It comes from a single hung 54" H 42" W Frame. I also need one for a 54" H 36" W frame. I need 4 for the 42" wide and 2 for the 36" W. I am guessing that they are all the same. I also need the base and tip plastic pieces.
A handy person from Lakewood, ca. 90713 says:
My balancer looks like your 2410-2460 series unit.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting us. "2410" and "2460" are just stamp options for channel balances. They only indicate the strength of the spring and are not used to identify the Series. I am not sure what you have based on the information you gave. I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from lake says:
I sent in the measurements and pictures in an earlier msg. The 24 series had the right top and bottom piece. They were also the right length. Let me know. I would like to purchase them right away.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We don't have a 24 Series balance, but your pictures seem to match our Series 350 channel balance. Check it out and see what you think.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)