SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Channel Supports Needed

A home owner from Clayton, Ca says:
I have a non-tilt window whose channel supports are in need of replacement. I looked up the id marking online which brought me to your website. However, I cannot figure out what replacement part to order. I've attached pictures in the hopes you can guide me on what to order and how to install.

Thank you for your help.
User submitted photos of window balances.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Hey, thanks for posting. I've narrowed this down to two possible channel balance Series: either our Series 380 or our Series 385 balances.

Now, as you can see, there is only one difference between these two Series, and that is their bottom shoe. The Series 380 uses the 15-005 while the Series 385 uses the 15-004. I can't quite tell what you have based on your pictures, though. Please carefully compare their dimensions to your own hardware and see which is a better match.
15-004 and 15-005
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom, I really appreciate your prompt response.

The measurements more closely match 15-004 but not exactly. Could be my tape measure. But the 1 3/32" measurement is slightly off. I don't know if "slightly off" matters.

I think I will mail the part just to be sure we get the right match.

Thanks again.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If it's just slightly off from 1-3/32", then it's possible that you had the 15-004 and it's just worn down with time.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom, was in process of ordering but now I need to know Sash Weight. Is there an easy way to figure this out?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sure, all you need to do is take your sash out of the window and weigh it on a scale. Any common bathroom scale should do. You can see how to remove your sash by watching the video below.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)