SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Channel balance

A home owner from Ramona, CA says:
Could you help me identify this part:

It has stamped on it: 26 4 FL Caldwell.

It's about 27 inches long

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sounds like you have a 27" block & tackle balance with a stamp option of 2640. I'm afraid that's all I can tell based on your information, though. Now you just need to pick out the top and bottom fittings in order to determine the Series.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A quick learner from Ramona, CA says:
It's either the 380 or 385 series. I can't honestly tell the difference between the 15-004 and 15-005 shoes. They look the same. Help!!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Did you see the dimensions we have listed for them? That is where the difference lies. Take a look at the image below to see what I mean.
Comparison of <a href=
A quick learner from Ramona, CA says:
I think I figured out the difference between a 15-004 and 15-005. It's the width of one is 1" and the other is a little wider. The end result is I need a series 385 with a 2640 at length 27".

So mission accomplished, I'll be ordering them from you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)