SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Coil Balance

A quick learner from Smyrna, TN. says:
Looking for a constant force balance coil system for a window track that looks to be about 1.25" wide.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'll need more information before I can identify what coil balance system you need. Could you take a few pictures of what you have and upload them here for me to see? Can you also tell me if there are any stamps printed on the coil spring itself?
A handy person from TN. says:
here are the pics that I took of the balance that is broken.
User submitted photos of a coil balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Great! Thanks for the images, these are just what we needed. Fortunately, you can replace the individual components of this balance system, so look at your existing hardware to determine what's damaged and what can still be used. Now, I recommend that you take a look at our 15-180 Coil Balance Shoe, 15-181 Double Support Detent Clip, and 15-182 Balance Bushing. Finally, check out our Series 190 coil spring. Does this hardware look about right?
A handy person says:
How do I know which coil spring to purchase? It's just the spring that has broken, the hardware seems to be fine.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Do you have a stamp printed on your spring? That should let you know what kind of Series 190 you have. If you're not sure, let me know what's printed on your spring and I'll see what I can do. If you don't have any stamps, then I will need to know what the weight of your window sash is.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)