SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Coil Balance Accuweld 6# & 8#

A handy person from Cherry Hill, NJ says:
Looking for coil balances for windows made by Accuweld few years ago (out of bussiness now) I've pictures attached.
Please let me know of availability of both sizes.
Thanks a lot,
Joe

A user submitted image of window balancer
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I'm familiar with this setup. I like to use our S160-6 spring, 15-191 tilt shoe, and 15-150 support. Finally, if you're interested, I also use our 26-241 tilt bar. Please take a look at the suggested hardware and let me know if you think these may work for you!
A handy person from Cherry Hill, NJ says:
Thanks Paul for your quick response.

The recommend tilt shoe seems a bit shorter in height, 1" compared to mine which is 1 3/8" heigh, would that be a problem?

I'll need to replace some that are 7# & 8#...do you have these also in stock? Would I choose S160-7? The weight of the sash for the #8 balance is 14.5 lbs.

Thanks again for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
It's no problem! I hope everything works out.

Now, the height of the pivot shoe doesn't matter so much. The most important dimensions are the thickness and width.

For your 14.5 pound sash, I would recommend the S160-7. Each S160-7 has a weight capacity of 7.5 pounds; working together, they should be able to support your 14.5 pound sash.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)