SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Corner Tilt Key

A handy person from Wisconsin says:
I hate no set standards in manufacturing! Storm door, sliding window, Window Corner Tilt Key. One broke. Took it in the style they replaced it with was flat and white, too big verses what I had. I ordered the 95-073, and just to make sure, the 95-201. The 95-073 looks perfect but... 7/32" is too big. The track measures 1/4". I'm looking at the 95-128 but skeptic. These corner keys mostly looks like they're meant to be pounded in and reduced to the track size. Will the 95-128 work? Is there a better one? Any input would be great. There's a great feeling fixing your own stuff, just don't understand why they make it so hard.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
If possible, we would like for you to send us some photos of the existing corner key as well as some photos of the frame. Please also give me your measurements. Take note that storm windows and their parts are becoming few and far between since vinyl replacement windows are taking their place. It may be difficult finding an exact match.
A quick learner from Wisconsin says:
I kind of went through them again, did another order and ordered 8 pins from the other post it will be here tomorrow! I'll let you know the outcome. It's going to suck if places like you ever leave because of vinyl windows.
A quick learner says:
Pictures
User submitted a photo of a corner key.
A quick learner from wisconsin says:
The others were closer but the metal 1/4" are too big even the plastic 1/4" is a tad big.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. Is there any way we can see a picture of the corner removed from the storm sash? We would also need to know the width and thickness of its legs. In the meantime see our 95-003 and 95-209. These are self locking corners. Could they work in your sash?
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)