SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Crank Operator

A home owner from Munroe Falls, OH says:
I have 10 awning windows with this operator and the handles are beginning to break out of most of them. Looking to replace them all.

There are no identification marks on them other than a "1" molded into the underside of the handles.

The room was built in 1983 and the operators appear to be original.

Measurements are in the included images.

Thanks or your help!
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, and for the detailed images! Could you give me the distance between the installation holes on the outside, center-to-center? I would also like to know the length of the link arm. You would measure this from the center of the pin at the end of the arm to the center of the hinge where it connects to the gear arm. Let me know!
Profile picture of Donna
Donna from SWISCO responded:
This might be SWISCO product code 39-025, you would need to see if the other measures match up, I'm only able to confirm the 1-1/8" measure.
A quick learner from Munroe falls says:
It's very close to 39-025. The distance between the installation holes is also 5 1/4" but the link arm is 2 3/8" not 2 1/4".
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
We don't have anything in that style that has a link arm of 2-3/8", unfortunately. However, I think it may still work. Worst case scenario is that you won't be able to open up your window as far.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)