Window Crank handles and gear box

A quick learner from Indiana says:
installed 1991 the handle gears threads are stripped and we can no longer open our windows.

I believe the windows are Crestline, but cannot find the paperwork to identify for sure.

I have attached photos of the gear box and the handle unit.

The parts information on the 3rd picture: Entry Gard Trust # 3084lL. Can't believe can still read it after all these years.

Can I still get these replacement parts and how hard is it to install? I was informed by Crestline Customer Service that the nearest technician was 70 miles away.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You can absolutely get these replacement parts. This is actually a pretty common operator. See our 39-031 and 39-032 EntryGard dual arm operators. I would just make sure that all of our dimensions match yours. There are a couple different varieties that all have only slightly different arm sizes, so it's a good idea to confirm. If you also need the cover and handle, see our 39-107 and 39-114L, respectively.

As for installation, the hardest part is removing the wood trim, and it seems you already have that covered. Just in case, see our instruction video below. This will tell you exactly how we like to replace these.
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.