SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Crank replacement

A quick learner from Miami, FL says:
I have an old window crank that needs to be replace and I am unsure which one to get.

The distance between the holes seems to be 5 1/4" from top to bottom hole. The distance between the two holes at the base is 1 1/8". The hole on the arm is approximately 1/4" wide.

The problem I am having is distance between the holes in the arm seems to be either 2 5/16" or 2 3/8". It looks closer to the 2 5/16" but I am not able to be exact on those.

I have uploaded some pictures, the crank is gray. I am looking to replace two left handed and two right handed and also the 4 screws in each. Can you let me know which one is the best match?

The info stamped inside the crank is: pat no. D-198 202 U.S. and RD. 1963 CAN. And 2 R.H.

User submitted photos of a window crank.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey Greg thanks for posting. Check out our 39-007, or maybe our 39-025, and carefully compare them to your own hardware. See how they match up.
A quick learner from Miami, FL says:
Dave, thanks for the info, are there any potential issues is the link is a bit shorter on the 30-025 than on the original, 2 1/4 vs 2 3/8.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Well, there is travel in the linkage for the 39-025. It may not make a significant difference. Now, I can't guarantee that it will work, but it is our closest match and I think it's a good place to start.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)