Window Crank replacement

A home owner from Raleigh, NC says:
The hardware of the window works fine, installed in 2004, my issue is with the crank. Crank will not stay on.
User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
You have an older Pro Drive operator with the 39-226 handle. The problem with these operators is that the black plastic collar wears out over time and will not hold the handle. I would suggest trying a little piece of masking tape or some type of adhesive to keep the handle in place. Alternatively, you could just replace the entire operator with a newer style. If you want to go that route, please send us a picture of the operator out of the window so that we can find a good match.
A home owner from Raleigh says:
Thank you for the suggestion. I will try that and will be back if not a workable solution.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.