SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Lock Stamp S9501

A quick learner from USA says:
Hello!

My window lock is stamped with A S 9501. Which item on your website corresponds to that number please?

Thank you!

Jeffrey
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Jeffrey. Unfortunately, I could not cross-reference that serial number to anything in particular. Could I see a few pictures of your lock with dimensions? That will help us determine what you need.
A quick learner says:
Hello Tom,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately, the lock and I are not in the same zip code at the moment. It is a sweep lock that most resembles your part number 90-097 and possibly the 90-173. On the underside of the latch, the letters AS are stamped inside a circle in one side of the housing; the 9501 is stamped on the underside on the right. I might have left off the "A" in my original posting (sorry).

Thanks!

Jeffrey
Profile picture of Tom
Great, that helps narrow it down at least. The 90-097 and 90-173 are very similar, the only major difference being the alignment nugs on the 90-097. If you're replacing both the lock and the keeper, though, it may not matter whether or not you have those nugs. How do the dimensions match up to your lock? Is the hole spacing 2-1/4"? Is the offset 3/8"?
A quick learner says:
Hello Tom,

Sorry for the delayed reply...here are some images for your review.
The distance between the screw centers is 2-1/4"; didn't measure the offset.
Thanks again for the help!
Jeffrey
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Thanks for the images. Without knowing the offset, the only thing I can think to recommend is our 90-097. This appears to be the closest one we have.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)