SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Lock needed

A home owner from Rochester, NY says:
Hi there,

I ordered some window locks the other week which I thought would be close enough, but they do not work so am hoping you can help!
The locks I need are 3" long, about 1 3/16" tall.

I had originally ordered part # 90-008 as it was the closest I could find, but turns out those are a bit short in height in regards to not being able to catch / lock. Since some of the windows are in better shape than others...I apparently need that additional 1/8 " or so that I though I could do without due to warping. The locks presently on the window appear to be plastic. Hope this is enough information!

Do you have such a lock in stock?
Thank you,

Jeff
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I've actually been trying to locate this specific lock for some time with no luck. Would you happen to have the window manufactuer's name? Are there any stamps or markings elsewhere on the window?
A home owner from Rochester, NY says:
Good Morning Paul.
Thank you for looking into this for me. I do not unfortunately. With the times I am leaving for and returning from work, I don't have great lighting. I couldn't see anything on the glass or from inside the house.
I braved the cold and tilted a few windows fully open to see what I could find with no luck either. They seem to be pretty cheaply made single hung windows...but I'm sure you'll need more to go on than that! Sorry I don't have much more to provide. Not sure if other pictures would help?
Jeff
Profile picture of Paul
Ah, I see. Thank you for getting back to us, Jeff. I'm afraid we are not able to find a replacement for this hardware. I do not think it is available anymore. I am sorry we cannot be of more help.
A quick learner from Rochester, NY says:
Morning Paul,
Thank you so much for searching and that's what I was afraid of. I appreciate your knowledge, customer service, and fast shipping!
Take care,
Jeff
Profile picture of Paul
No problem Jeff. Again, I wish I could be of more help. If you need anything else, please let me know and I would be happy to help in any way I can.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)