SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Operator Kit

A home owner from Glastonbury, CT says:

I'm interested in purchasing an arm operator for my window (see attached). Home Depot told me that I have a GU arm operator, which is not longer being made. I've contacted Anderson Craftsman who directed me to Swisco. They believe that you may carry the split arm operator kit that I need.

User submitted photos of a window operator.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Jackie. Unfortunately, GU stopped making that operator and it's now discontinued. The closest thing we carry is our 39-027E Ellipse Style Single Arm Operator, and the 39-533 11-3/8" Casement Operator Track would be what works with it. However, I would like to see your casement window arm to confirm. Your pictures only show the base of th eoperator.
A home owner from Glastonbury, CT says:
Hi Paul,

I just uploaded a photo of the casement operator arm.

User submitted a photo of a window operator.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Hey, Jackie. Thanks for the extra picture. I believe you could have something like our 39-415 and 39-416. These operators were originally made in plastic by GU. Take a look and see if these are the parts you are looking for.
A home owner from Glastonbury CT says:
Yes, I believe this is what I need. I only need to purchase the operator for the window that opens to the left. Please confirm this is 39-416. I'll order it online once I hear back from you.

Thanks so much for your help!

Jackie Hamilton
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
The 39-416 seems to match the operator in your very first picture, yes, since the spline is facing the same side.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)