SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

26-083, but 3" long?

A home owner from Maryland says:
I'm unable to find replacement window pivot bars. The previous owner had the windows replaced back in the mid 90s but I don't have additional info.

The pivot bar itself is

3" long x 3/16" tall x 5/16" wide

Screw holes at 1-3/4" and 2-1/2"

Scribe mark at 3/8"

This is really similar to the 26-083 you sell except it is longer and the screw holes are bigger with different spacing.

A customer submitted photo of a tilt bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for contacting our Discussion Board! You're right, it does look very similar to our 26-083. Have you seen our 26-040? It's also a bit similar, but it matches your length a little bit more closely. Do you think you can get that to work?
A home owner from Maryland says:
Thanks for your quick response. I hadn't looked at the 26-040. I'll order a couple and give them a try. Thanks.
A home owner from Martinsburg, WV says:
This post has helped me. I bought my windows back in the 80's in Maryland. The pivotal bars on one of my windows have broken and I have been frantically searching for replacements. The photo in this posting looks exactly like mine. I will order the 26-040 and see what happens. Thanks.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)