SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window interior Sash lock

A handy person from Massachusetts says:
I need to find a window sash replacement lock. I am attaching two photos, one of the broken and one of the other side of the window which is not broken. Can you recommend some replacement parts?
A customer submitted photo of a window tilt latch.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! With the latches still in the window, it's difficult to say what you would need for certain. However, please take a look at our 26-132 & 26-133 top tilt latches. Do you think these might be what you're looking for?

If you aren't sure, is there a way you can remove the latches in your windows so that we can see what they look like?
A handy person from Grafton, MA says:
Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. I was not sure how to pull the parts out as the only screws that I see are on the top (to hold the latch on) and two up the side of the sash in the track.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
There should be a top screw on the end of sash that holds the frame and top tilt together. Remove the both top screws and, with a wood block and hammer, carefully knock off the top rail to remove top tilt latch.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)