SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window Shoe

A handy person from New Jersey says:
Hello I am looking for a replacement shoe for our windows. Please advise which product can replace it. I see no visible markings on the windows or the shoe. Thank you.
Joe
User submitted photos of a pivot shoe.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Hello, Joe. I'm afraid the balance you have is discontinued and no longer available. There is one possible solution, but it would have to be custom made and I am not sure how well it matches the rest of your balance. I am thinking of specially making a Series 795 balance with a 15-194 bottom shoe and 15-198 top hook. What do you think? Look this hardware over and let me know if you think it will work.

If so, please tell me how long your current balance's metal channel is and the weight of your sash. Please also tell me how many of these balances you need. From there, we can get to work.

Please also keep in mind that while this custom made balance is a possible replacement, I cannot guarantee that it will work.
A quick learner says:
Hi Paul thanks for the answer. I am going to have to try this. We have over 500 windows in our facility and they won't last forever.

Joe
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)