SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

PAT # 5,737,877 Window balance

A home owner from Raleigh nc says:
PAT # 5,737,877 the window won't say up by its self
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
We could possibly help replace this balance, but I will need more information. Can you show me a picture of the shoe? It may have once attached directly to the balance, or perhaps it's at the end of the cord. Let me know!
A quick learner from Raleigh nc says:
Can you please help me find a part ASAP or an new replacement part I hope the photos help let me know thanks so much for your help
I hope this help you
User submitted photos of window balance parts.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Perfect, thanks. I recommend our Series 850 crossbow balance. This appears to be the best match in our catalog to your hardware.
Ok thanks for your help I have 1 more question to ask how do I determaine the correct one to buy you have many of that series 850 how do I know which one to buy
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
You will need to measure the length of your current balance. We actually have a picture on the Series 850 store page that shows how to properly measure the length.

Keep in mind you need to measure an undamaged balance to get an accurate length. Do you have one in the window that hasn't broken apart? That will be the one you want to measure.
All is broken every window except a small bathroom window. What am I going to do ???
Profile picture of Paul
In that case, we still may be able to help. Try this: put the rod and shoe together and measure the length, then tell me what it is. If you want, you can also just send us a photo of the rod and shoe put together with the tape measure next to it and we will help. I may be able to eyeball what you need. Also, if this is a new construction window in your development, maybe your neighbor could measure theirs.
A quick learner from Raleigh says:
I tried to measure and take the pics at the same time I hope I took the right things let me know plz
Profile picture of Paul
Thanks for getting back to us, Cathy. I have received your images. Based on what I'm looking at here, I recommend our S850-36 balance.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)