SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Replacement Window balance 23 4 AQ CALDWELL

A home owner from Covina, Ca says:
Hi, I'm looking for window balances for a Milguard 3-0 4-6 single hung window. The
metal casing measures 24" long excluding the plastic pieces at each end. It measures 1/2" across the top where the writing appears and a little under 5/8 on the sides. The marking stamped on the balance is 23 4 AQ CALDWELL .
Appreciate any help you can give me in finding them,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I recommend looking at our S385-24 channel balance with a 2340 stamp option. Let me know if you think this could work for you.
A home owner from Covina, Ca says:
Hi, the S 385-24 looks like it should work. The balance I'm replacing has a hemmed edge on both sides on the depth. I can't tell on the picture on your website if the
S 385-24 has them or not. Can you tell me if it would make a difference or if it is just a difference in manufacturer design.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Our balances do not have hemmed edges, but that won't make a difference. As you mentioned, it's just a difference in manufacturer design.
A quick learner from Covina, Ca says:
Hi, just ordered the balance's. Thanks for all your help.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)