Window balance

A quick learner from Usa says:
Hello, I am looking to replace the broken window balances.

Thanks,

Brian
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Brian. Can you confirm a few things? First, I'd like to know the diameter of the metal tube. It should be either 3/8" or 5/8". I would also like you to tell me if the window is tilt or non-tilt. Thank you!
A quick learner from Usa says:
5/8 x 23. The balances are working but the black plastic that attaches to the window is broken. These are no tilt windows.

Brian
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The broken black shoe is our 15-010. If you just want to replace that, you will also need our 62-001 rivet. If you want to replace the whole balance, see our S303-23 with a 19-012 cap. I also suggest replacing the bottom sash guides, so see our 17-018 and 17-019. I think these will match, but just make sure. In many cases, if the shoe breaks it's because the guide is broken.
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.