SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

What is my window balance

A landlord from Rocklin says:
Looking for a replacement vertical window balance. Markings on balance are 86 26-2 JA5 CMC 2. Unfortunately I don't know the manufacture of the windows
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Sounds like you have a 27" block & tackle balance with a stamp option of 2620. Now you just need to pick out the top and bottom fittings in order to determine the Series.

I recommend that you look at our Channel Balance Home Page and follow the steps in order to find the Series that best matches what you have.
A home owner from Rocklin says:
Thanks for the response, however, I don't find the same top and bottom fittings on what I have available on this site - pictures attached
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
It appears you only have a picture of your bottom shoe, which appears to match either our 15-004 or 15-005, depending on the depth. Could I see your top attachment? Is that the part that doesn't match?
A quick learner from Rocklin says:
Attached is the top fitting
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Yep, that looks like our 19-005. Based on your two pictures, I'd say you should consider either our Series 385 or Series 380 channel balances. You're going to have to measure your shoe to determine which of these Series is a better match, though.
A landlord from Rocklin says:
What does my foot size have to do with the window balance? Just kidding thanks for the help
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)