SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window balance MW Twinseal windows

A quick learner from virginia says:
i have an MW twinseal 3/0x4/6 SGL window purchased 11/29/2000 to install into a new construction. can you tell me what type of balancer and which model i need. both appear to have a plastic clip at the top that broke where it mounts into the side of the window jam.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I don't recognize the company. Do you have a side load or tilt window?

You can always submit a few photos of your window for us to take a look.
A quick learner says:
here's some pics. also MW is now a part of PLYGEM
User submitted photo of crossbow balances.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for submitting your photos.

Can you double-check the length measurement? I believe it may be 24 1/2". Also, can you measure the width of the top portion of the black shoe?
A quick learner says:
i didn't see the first photo which had the full length so i included again. ok, i just found what to measure on your site and judging from the description, you're right, it looks to me like the 24.5 is what i need. if i visually slide it up 3/4 inch to the top then the shoe looks like it would stop at 24.5 my next question is how does the new one mount. yours has a flat metal end and mine has a plastic end that is split into two parts. it looks like both slits parts fit into a split in the window jam. is the metal tab on yours supposed to just slide into this slot.
Profile picture of Mike
Mike from SWISCO responded:
According to your images and measurements, it appears the S850-24 would be the replacement.
A quick learner says:
i'm still concerned about the mounting of them since they're so different. do you have any instructions or recommendations.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
With the sash and old balance removed, install the black shoe of the new balance into the channel first (by turning it so it clears the opening) and install with a screw. Reinstall your sash and it should be good to go.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)