SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window balance for 4w x 2h sash

A landlord from Rancho Santa Margarita says:
This is for a aluminum sash. This existing channel is 1/2" wide x 19" long. Please recommend replacement.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. We may be able to help, but I need more information. First, were there any nylon pieces that attach to the top or bottom of the metal channel? Could you show me a picture of the metal clip that goes at the end of the cord? Finally, can I see the shoe that this balance attaches to? Thanks!
A quick learner from Rancho Santa Margarita says:
Hello Paul,
I found a photo of the window from the exterior if it helps. The property is 60 miles away so I do not have immediate access. If it is necessary I can ask the tenant to send photos of whatever you need. There were no plastic or nylon pieces. The shoe is a 3/4"x 3/4" aluminum angle (photo attached) that someone substituted for the original U shape shoe. I do not have a photo of the metal clip, but I recall that it is an L shape flat metal hook.

BTW - this balance is a header balance.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you again for your patience. We believe we have found a match, though it will need to be custom made. I will email you a custom ordering form for this balance shortly. Keep in mind I set the quantity to 1, since this is an overhead balance. If you need me to change that, let me know and I'll be happy to do so.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)