SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window balance question

A handy person from u says:
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what your question is. Are you looking for a new balance? If so, it looks like you have our Series 795 channel balance with the smaller 15-194 lock. The Series 795 comes with the larger 15-195, but that can just pop off to allow you to install the 15-194. Check it out and see if you agree.
A quick learner from New Hampshire says:
Ok--so the question is my original balance has a concave groove of sorts near the shoe which allows you to tip the sash from side to side during removal and installation. The pins in the window that fit into the pivot shoe slot do not retract---so am I going to be able to get my window back in with the channel you have?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
The manufacturer of the this window balance no longer makes them with the concave impression on the channel. They found it wasn't necessary, and that having a straight channel didn't interfere with the installation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)