Window balance replacement

A quick learner from Oviedo, FL says:
I have a Keller window, do now know which model number but it had spiral balances at one time. The old spiral balances are gone so I have nothing to compare.
How can I determine which balance to buy and what hardware, and what length?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Without having the original balances, it will be tricky to find the right hardware. That said, I think we can still help, but we will need to get creative.

First, please tell me the size of the visible glass and the weight of the sash. I will also need some pictures of the window itself, especially the fittings on the side of the sash and the lock.
A quick learner from Oviedo, FL 32765, USA says:
Thanks for the response, sorry it has taken me so long to reply, the sash weighs 12 lbs. Visible glass is 49" wide by 16 1/4" high. I have attached pictures of the window, side of the sash and locks.

The first pic is the side of the sash, the second is bottom, third is the lock, last is the entire sash.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you! Sorry for the wait. I believe you have Keller's Series 303 window. If I'm right, I would recommend our 18-002 top guide, 17-018 and 17-019 sash clips, and our S303-15 balance. However, I'm not one hundred percent sure this is correct. If you'd like, please give me the depth of the side rails so that I can confirm that the fittings will fit. I would also like to see the window frame track, which will help me determine if I have the right balance. Let me know!
A quick learner from Oviedo, FL 32765, USA says:
Hi Paul,
The interior width of the track on the sash is 3/4", the interior of the window track is 1 1/8". The depth of the side rails on the window sash is 1/2" and the same 1/2" on the window itself. I attached a pic of the track as well.
Thanks
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you. I'm afraid I'm still not sure, even with this picture. The hardware I suggested is our best guess, but I'm afraid without seeing what was originally installed there is no way to be certain. Did what I recommend look familiar? Do you have any neighbors that may have identical windows?
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
How to replace the Keller Series 303 Window Balances
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.