SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window balance spring assy 2730 stamp

A quick learner from Southern california says:
I have a non tilt spring assembly that has a part number 2730 stamped on it. Can you work with this number or do you need more information?
Thanks
Steve
User submitted picture of channel balance assembly with 2730 stamp.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! It looks like you may have our Series 350 channel balance. However, I'm not sure of the length. Based on your stamp, I think it may be 28", which would mean you would want to look at our S350-28. Can you please confirm the length of the metal channel? Please do not incorporate the plastic attachments in your measurements. If it is 28", you would also want to select the 2730 stamp option.
A quick learner from Florida says:
We also have some with different stamps - we have determined the spring type but unsure of the weight required. One is stamped 28S38. The other is stamped 2990 - 38. Can you tell us what weights we will need?

thanks,

Dave
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting, Dave. Those stamps really should be the same. Can you give me the weight of your window sash and the length of the metal channel for your balances? That will help us determine the appropriate stamp.
A quick learner from Delltona, Florida says:
I don't know the weights of the sash, but the one with 28S38 is 29" long,
the one with 2990-38 is 30" long.

thanks,

Dave
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Without knowing the weight of the window sash, we cannot recommend the appropriate option. You will have to remove the sash from the window and place it on a scale to determine its weight. We need the weight to be as precise as possible, as well. Thank you!
A quick learner from Deltona, Florida says:
I weighed the panels and they are approx 38 - 40 #.

thanks,

Dave
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Alright. After reviewing your information, we have decided that these balances will have to be specially made. We have two forms we need you to look at.

This first request form is for the 29" balance and then the second request form is for the 30" balance. I've already started them for you based on your specifications, so all you need to do is fill out the rest of the information. One of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)