Window balance thing.

A quick learner from 08108 says:
One of my balance things is broken. I'm unable to get it out as there is no groove for me to slide it out of, not even hiding under anything. Since it's still inside, I can't really get a proper measurement. I know I'm going to have to order the Jamb Spreaders, but am not sure what other parts I'll need to buy.
User submitted a photo of a window balance.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It looks like just the shoe is broken. See our 15-087, this looks like a good match. If you need the other parts, as well, you can look at our Series 180 coil spring, 16-024 mounting bracket, and 15-086 housing. Keep in mind you only need to replace the parts that are damaged, you can re-use the rest.

As for removing the shoe, we have another method you could consider, if you are not sure about the jamb spreaders.
A quick learner says:
Thanks. With regards to the Series 180 Coil Balance, how do I know the right weight for my window?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
The easiest way is to read the number currently printed on your coil spring and match it up to our Series 180 options. If there is no number, or if it wore off, you'll need to weigh your sash and divide that among the springs your window uses. Since your window appears to use 4 springs, you would divide your sash weight by 4. For example, if your sash is 24 pounds, you would need four S180-6 springs (6 pounds each). Hopefully that makes sense.
How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.