SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window balancer

A handy person from Coldwater says:
Hi I hope the pictures help to identify the correct channel balance I need there is a number 2220 stamped on it also 1/2 inch channel Thanks ,Pat
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Before I can confirm what Series channel balance you have, I'll have to figure out what your bottom shoe is. Please look at the measurements for our 15-001 and 15-002 bottom shoes and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-1/8" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which measurement more closely resembles your own shoe?

Please also tell me the length of the metal channel. Do not include the plastic attachments in this measurement.
A handy person from Coldwater says:
Sorry about not giving you enough information. From tip of metal to other tip it is 22 inches and the shoe is 1 1/8 depth thanks and hope to hear from you soon came from a New Prime window

The sash weight was just over 15 pounds

Pat
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us. It's odd that your balance is 22" long, but has a stamp that reads 2220. I wonder if it was cut down at any point.

Either way, for a 15 plus pound sash, I recommend the 2140 option for the S390-22. This can support a window sash weight range of 15 through 23 pounds.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)