SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window balancer

A handy person from San Marcos, Ca says:
I need to replace the window balancers on non tilt vinyl Windows. Markings I believe are CMC 08. Markings are feint so that may not be correct. Length of the metal is 27" and the channel measures about 1/2" in width. Shoe and top look similar to the 19-05. You show other shoes and top similar to the 19-05, so I am not sure what I need.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure what you need based on this information alone. Can you show me a couple pictures of your hardware? Please make sure we can clearly see the top and bottom nylon attachments.
A quick learner from San Marcos says:
I found the clear markings on another window. They are: 86 26-3 FC5 CMC 08.
I don't know if this is useful. I found the details of the shoe and top on your website. I am sure that I need the 15-004 shoe and 19-005 Top. The sash weighs 18 lbs. So I guess I need the 1640 stamp option and the 385 balancer. Please verify.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks! Yes, after reviewing your pictures I agree that our Series 385 appears to be the best match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)