Window balancer not attached to window?

A quick learner says:
Not sure where to really start with this as I'm a new homeowner. I had one window that doesn't really have issues going up and down or staying up, but the window balancer on the right-hand side just falls to the bottom of the window. I can easily pull it completely out as it doesn't even seem to be attached to anything anymore. I guess my main question is: how are these attached to the window? Am I missing something in the window frame or the sliding window itself that holds his in place and lets it slide up and down?
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for coming to SWISCO. Sounds like a real problem. Before we get into the possibilities of what the issue could be with your balance, can you update us a bit? We could use some photos of the broken balance, both in and out of the window. Please help us help you!
A quick learner says:
Here's the requested pictures. Based on the hole in the window frame with nothing in it, I'm guessing that's my issue. I can see something in there on the left-hand one (not pictured), but other than something metal I can't really tell what it is. I'm guessing if I buy another one of whatever it is and attach it, it'll be fixed?
Channel balance
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I think I see the problem. This is a special kind of balance. We can replace it, but it will hvae to be a custom order. If you're interested, let me know how many you need and we can get started on that. Keep in mind there is a minimum purchase quantity of 2.

Now, as for the issue with the balance falling, it seems the metal clip isn't in that hole. With the sash removed, you would hook the bottom clip at the end of the cord (seen in your third p icture) right into that hole. See the video below; the balance featured is different than yours, but the principle remains the same.
A quick learner says:
So I'm not sure I'm understanding it correctly. The clip missing I understand, and it sounds like I can just replace it and be fine? Or is the balance itself broken as well?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
I'm not sure if the clip is missing or not. All I can say for sure is that it's not in that hole where it should be. Now, that could mean the clip is missing, but it could also mean it just became detached somehow and is still attached to the balance cord. I can't tell from your photos for sure.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.