SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window balances

A quick learner from USA says:
What balance will best replace the balances i have in my window ? I purchased the swisco s-390 series, but their is much play from right to left with the window sash. Thank you for the help, George
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I recognize this. You have a discontinued Capitol window, so the balance will have to be custom made. Check out this Custom Channel Balance Request Form I've started for you based on your specifications. Just double check the fittings we will use, our 15-095 and 19-024, and see if you think these will work. If so, fill out the blank fields and one of our representatives will get back to you with a price quote and an item to add to your cart.

You may also need a new top sash guide, so see our 18-093.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)