SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window balances - Help finding correct part

A home owner from USA says:
Please find attached a pdf file containing photos of the spiral balances I need to replace. The photos are of four different sizes. I think they may be 23",21",19" and 17". I am confused by the fact that the spiral metal shaft sticks out when there is a mounting screw at the top, and this is not what it looks like in your catalog.

I have enclosed 3 shots of each length, wide angle, closeup of top and closeup of bottom. In addition, there are two balances of each length, one with a mounting screw inserted which limits the upward travel of the spiral metal shaft, and one without a mounting screw with the spiral shaft shoved up as far as it will go.

Thank you,
George
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
You have the old style non tilt 5/8" balance. WE use the Series 500 spiral balance to replace this, in addition to our 17-007 or 17-012 brackets. I would also suggest our 75-004 or 75-005 charging tools for help with installation.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)