Window ballance

A contractor from Los Angeles says:
I live in a 500 unit condo complex and I am a repair contractor. We have new windows installed few years ago with different balance systems. Many are falling apart in large numbers. The windows are 25lb, and the length of the ballance's metal part is 26". The windows are very hard to close, so they might been oversized. The one on the picture is the better one (that is not falling apart) the "Inique" modell is falling apart in 50% of the windows. We need about 10 set for now, I'm certain more will needed, soon.

Sincerely,
Janos
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. Take a look at our S390-26 channel balance and see how well that matches. Make sure the nylon shoes are the same, as well. You may also need a new 16-002 take out clip. See what you think.
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.