Window bracket that fits in sash

A home owner from Landis, NC says:
The window bracket you see in the picture is on our Windows from Window Pros who is no longer in business. The T-shaped piece is what is broken on our window on the side opposite the one in the picture. You can see part of the L-shaped piece on the window. It runs down the side and is about 3/4 as long as the top piece. The t-shaped piece and the L-shaped piece are all one piece.
User submitted a photo of a pivot bar.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Please see our 26-407. I think this should work for you despite not having the same "horns" on the pivot. Check it out and let me know what you think.
A quick learner says:
I am willing to try it if you can answer my next questions. My next question is what kind of tool would I need to remove the original piece and replace the new piece? I am not sure what is holding it on the window. It looks like a screw but has a little hole in the middle. Would I need new screws or whatever it is that is anchoring the piece to the window? There is one anchor on the side as well. Please answer these questions and I will get back with you to order. Thank you for your help.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I'm sorry. I actually didn't even notice your screws were different at first glance! It looks like the window manufacturer pop riveted your part on to the sash. I guess they never thought it would break, or maybe they just hoped you would buy a new window when it did.

Either way, to remove the bracket, you will need to drill out the old rivets. Make sure to be VERY careful, as you do not want to go too deep and hit the glass. When you remove the old bracket, I would use screws to install the new one. You should find the right type at your local hardware store. I suggest taking the sash there so that you can try different sizes. I'm afraid there's no telling exactly what size you'll need without trial and error.
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.