SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window channel balances

A quick learner from California says:
I need two pairs of springs. Could tell me if I have chosen the right ones. They seem to be 1/2 inch. Closest I could match are S351-26 option 2530,
S351-32 option3130

Thank you,
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Based on these pictures, I agree that our Series 351 balannce is a good choice. However, I think your legnths are wrong. With a stamp like 3230, I would recommend a 33" long balance. With a stamp like 2630, you would need a 27" long balance. I recommend that you measure the metal channels to confirm.
A quick learner from California says:
Thank you, you are absolutely right on the length issue.

One more question, would replacing 3230 to 3240 make a big difference? Would it cause problems? All three windows have spring issues and I feel the windows are a lot heavier. Or should I stay with what the manufacture originally installed? All three windows with 3230 have failed when other smaller windows are mostly fine.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
If you're unsure about what option to use, I highly recommend that you weigh your sash. We have a chart on each Series 351 store page that lists each option and how much weight they can support. This is a great fall back method to use when you don't know what option to pick since the weight of the window doesn't lie.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)