SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Hex Window crank handle

A contractor from Philadelphia Pa says:
Window crank with # 6 or 9 underneath handle . Brown color.
User submitted photos of a window operator handle.
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
I could not find any operator handle with a 1/4" hex spline. Can you confirm that measurement? Most of the hex drives today are 5/16". If you are certain it's 1/4", you might need to replace the complete operator. Send us some photo along with dimensions and we will see if we can help you.
A contractor from Phila. says:
Thank you for your help. After remeasuring the hex spline is probably a 5/16 instead of 1/4. It is worn a bit. Do you carry any with such a small handle as in the picture. 2 3/8 by 2. I will need 12 of them if proper size. Thank you
Profile picture of Dave
Dave from SWISCO responded:
Our 39-226 has a 5/16" hex spline, so this may work for you. However keep in mind that it is in limited supply and is a little bigger than what you need. Handles are not made in this style anymore, so I do not think you'll be able to find something in the exact size you need.

If you absolutely must have a smaller handle, then you may need to consider replacing the operator, as well. The newer operators now are male while the handles are female. However, I would need to see a picture of your current operator removed from the window before I can identify what could work as a substitute. Let me know what you want to do!
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)