SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window latch needed

A home owner from Point Roberts, WA says:
I'm looking for this brass window hardware. It may be called a "spur" fastener or latch. The hole at the end allows us to open the window from afar as it is only accessible by a long rod (boat hook).

The attachment holes are 3/16" in diameter and are 3/4" apart. I'd estimate the arm to be about 5" long.

If necessary, please refer me to any possible source.

Thanks,
Chris
A customer submitted photo of a window lock.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Chris! Before I can find an applicable replacement for this lock, can you give me the distance between the two outer screw holes, center-to-center? Also, when you measured 3/4" between each individual hole, was that center-to-center as well?

Please let me know at your earliest convenience.
A home owner from Point Roberts, WA says:
Sure Paul. Thanks for responding.

The 3/4" between hole centers is for all three. 1 1/2" total between end screw hole centers.

I also know that there is a 5/16" depth below the short latch arm to the bottom of the assembly.

Regards, Chris
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for your patience in this matter, Chris. We were unable to find a matching window lock with a hole in the handle, but we do have the 38-083 Three Hole Cam Handle, which seems to match your dimensions. Could you still use it? Let us know.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)