Window latch on Better-bilt tilt window

A quick learner from Nevada says:
Broken latches
User submitted photos of a window lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
I am recommending our 90-005 window sash lock as a replacement. Please take a look and let us know if this could work for you.
A home owner from Port St. Lucie FL. says:

I placed an order (90-005) for 8 Locks, when in fact I needed the matching Lock Keeper (90-109?) I assume the Keeper would have to be ordered seperately since it's a different part number, correct?

Pat Riggs

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! The 90-005 that you purchased actually doesn't use a keeper. It is designed to latch under the glazing of the top sash. You can actually see a good example of what I'm talking about in the customer-submitted photos above. Note how the locking tab slides under the glazing of the top sash. This is how it locks.

You should double check your window to verify exactly how your lock is designed to function. Photos of your application would also give me a better idea of what you have and how it's meant to work.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.