SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window latch and window closer

A contractor from NYC says:
We need to get some parts for some exisitng windows. I have attached a picture of the latch and closure which are needed. We will need approximately 20 of each. We also need 10 top window sashes 31 1/8" w 39 3/4" high double glazeand, 10 bottom window sashes 31 7/8" w 39 1/2" high double glazed.
User submitted photos of a tilt latch & lock.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. It's hard to tell what these parts are without detailed dimensions. Specifically, we need to know the distance between the installation holes, center to center. I can't quite make that out with the tape measurer. Can you confirm these dimensions?

In the meantime, the tilt latch looks similar to our 26-188. You can see if this is a match. I don't know what the lock is without knowing its hole center spacing.

I'm afraid we do not sell window sashes.
A contractor from NY says:
The distance between the two holes center to center is 2 5/16"
A quick learner from NY says:
Actuall it is more like 2 1/4" center to center between the holes.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Is this measurement for the lock? If so, check out our 90-173 and see if this can work for you.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)