SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Can you help me fix these window latches?

A handy person from Springfield, NJ says:
Hi. My Mom just bought a fixer upper in Westfield, NJ. It has Del Mar Toronto windows. She needs 3 latches. On 2 casement windows, latches are are broken. One up and down window, the latch is broken. Do you sell these parts? How much are they?Thanks for the help! We want to support Jersey businesses!
User submitted photos of window latches.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! We appreciate your support. I think I might be able to help you with this project. Take a look at our 90-173 for the sweep lock and the 38-090 for the casement lock. Compare them to your own hardware and see how they match.
A quick learner from Springfield, NJ says:
Hi Tom, thanks so much for your prompt reply. In the second picture I sent you, the latching mechanism for the casement windows is broken on each window. Will replacing the latches solve that problem? Or do I need another part? Thanks so much for your help.
Profile picture of Tom
Are you referring to the lock for the double hung window? If so, I'm not sure I have your terminology straight. There is the lock, which is the device with the lever that actually operates the locking function, and then there is the keeper, which is the piece that the lock fastens into. Which of these are you referring to? If your lock is broken, then yes, replacing it will probably solve your problem.
A quick learner says:
Hi Tom. I'm referring to the mechanism in the casement windows. Do you see the picture with the finger? I'm not sure what those parts are called.
I'm ordering the parts so the handy man can fix it. That's him pointing in the picture.

I tried calling today, but I could not get through. I'd like to order all parts in 1 order because a handyman is going to repair this.
Profile picture of Tom
I believe the part that your handyman is pointing to is the tail of our 38-090. If you don't think it is, though, then I'll need to see it removed from the window for a better angle.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)