SWISCO - The Replacement Hardware Authority

Window lock

A home owner from Freehold NJ says:
I want to replace all my window locks. I have 2 on each window. Is your model 90-077A the correct replacement? From screw hole to screw hole is 2 1/16 inches and the base of lock is 1 inch wide. Thank you.
User submitted image of their window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
See our 90-305, instead. This might be a good match. Just triple check your dimensions to confirm that they're the same. The hole center spacing is the most important part, including their offset.
A home owner from Freehold NJ says:
Thank you. What does the "offset" mean?
Profile picture of Paul
That would be the distance between the hole and the back end of the lock. If you look at our 90-305 dimensions, that would be the measurement listed as 7/16".
A home owner from Freehold, NJ says:
Thank you, Paul. I will double check my measurements on the existing locks this weekend and then order 22 of these.

Regarding another item of repair hardware for these windows, I ordered and received item no. S600-21 (red tip - 21") which is apparently the correct part, but the wrong size. This is a rod used (I hope) to replace existing broken hardware which controls opening and closing of the window. The size that I need is 29". Two questions on this:

1. Would you please send me the correct model number for the 29" version of part no. S600-21 so that I may order 4 of these (for 2 windows); and

2. I also ordered and received item no. 15-015 (pivot shoe, 17/32" thick) to be installed with these rods. Is this the correct part/size to use with the new 29" rods? Or do I need to order a different size version of these?

Best regards,

Amy
Profile picture of Paul
Thank you for the order! Let me knw how they work out. As for your balance, if the outer tube of your Series 600 spiral balance is 29" long, I would recommend the S600-29. I can't confirm if the 15-015 is the correct match. The S600-29 can work with a wide variety of pivot shoes. Your best bet is to carefully go over the pictures and dimensions of the 15-015 to confirm that they match yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)